Irida Women’s Center is a safe space with community-building activities, forming an open, resilient, and multicultural community for refugee, asylum-seeking, migrant, and local women. To support our community members, our aid is based on four, determinant principles:
- Protection and Security
- Psychological and Focused Empowerment and Support
- Promoting the Integration Policy and Procedure
At Irida Women’s Center, we offer:
- Protection Services
- Legal Aid
- Educational and Learning Opportunities
- Recreational Activities led by community members
- Emergency Response and Outreach
Through the above services, our members express themselves freely, socialize, establish social bonds, and create friendships and personal networks that usually work as a safety net for them.
Furthermore, they feel safe, empowered, and supported to participate in the center’s programming, take over key working positions to project, become agents of change for their lives at first, families, and communities at large, and grow into active citizens within the broader, local community.